Thursday

More Childhood Memories

1. Drinking a cup of milk from an Alvin & the Chipmunks Dixie cup and getting to the end to find a huge black spider in the bottom
2. Singing "the gown girls" with Jenny
3. Nightly baths and mom giving us "tick checks". Yes, I know, real country.
4. Writing on the concrete table with sticks
5. Watching "Swan's Crossing" on the little tv in Matt's room
6. My cousin and her baby living with us for awhile
7. Watching an episode of "North and South" (when it originally aired) on Kat & Bud's huge tv
8. Jenny's taking over the bathroom every morning with her curling iron, hot rollers, and hairspray fog :)
9. Eating punch and cookies in the church basement after Music Makers
10. Matt running into Tootie Parsons metal wall in Dad's truck while making fun of Jenny's driving
11. Shopping at Maurices
12. Stealing gum, quarters, etc out of Jenny's purse in her locker
13. Listening to Tori Amos and the Indigo Girls on the way to school
14. Thinking I was cool when I got to wear Matt's baseball jacket
15. Winning a Pet Shop Boys cd at the CSCO carnival
16. Writing out the details of my future wedding (sidenote: none of those details came true in my actual wedding)
17. Faking sick on Mom's days off to stay home with her, and her letting me
18. Wearing every pair of socks that matched my outfit. At once. Usually 2 or 3 scrunched down.
19. First grade field trip to the circus. Kinda scary.
20. Days at Table Rock Lake. Mmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Tootie Parsons has got to be one of the best names I've heard in a long time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete