Thursday

Random Memories Of Birthdays Past

(per Cathy's request)
1. I always think I remember receiving this rabbit and gnome musical figurine, but I got it when I was 2. Is it possible that I remember that? My only other really early memory was when I was about 3 or 4.
2. I always had a pink birthday cake. Every year...strawberry cake with strawberry icing.
3. Our family friend Chris K. used to take me to eat Shoney's breakfast buffet for my birthday.
4. One year he also took me to the SMSU bookstore and I picked out a really nice SMS Lady Bears sweatshirt. It was my favorite shirt for years.
5. I had a party at the skating rink in Springfield. My mom had a panda bear cake made for me.
6. I got in trouble by my 2nd grade teacher for not inviting one of my friends to my party. She made me. That's weird now that I remember it. The girl did come. I don't know why I didn't invite her, because she was one of my best friends.
7. My friend Tasha got me a "Get in Shape Girls" set once. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It had a cassette tape, hand weights, etc. Tasha was really good at presents.
8. My favorite party was one where I invited friends to play at the park, my mom made spaghetti, and I had a sleepover. Guests were: Tasha, Shawna, Rachal, Elizabeth, and Amber.
9. At the above awesome party, my little sister also invited her friends Tara and Reagan.
10. Again, same party...I wish I could post a photo of my little sister's outfit for this party. Unbelievable.
11. My only surprise party was my 16th birthday. It was a bit lame. My mom really didn't know who to invite, so she left my best friend Katy in charge. Katy knew it might be social suicide, so she only invited some people from church (let's face it, they were dorks) and my 3 best friends at the time.
12. At that party, my friend Whitney stood on my kitchen counter with a German beer stein of my dad's and sang a German beer song. My dad loved it.
13. On my 17th birthday, I was really drunk at a party and kept wandering around saying, "It's my birthday, see my new shoes?!" I later passed out in my friend Sam's Jeep. He got me home somehow.
14. My 21st birthday was less wild...went to the local coffee shop with my 15 year old small group girls. They bought me a really nice pair of roller blades. Loved it!
15. For my 30th birthday, I was super pregnant with R. We ate dinner at my choice, Fitz's, and bought some furniture for our house at Good Works.
16. A sent me to Chicago with my big sister for my 31st. So fun!
17. On my 16th birthday, my parents got me a beautiful dark gray Honda Accord. I LOVED that car. I would drive it happily right now. Too bad I totaled it 2 months later.
18. My parents got me a beautiful diamond necklace for my 18th birthday.
19. For my 20th birthday, we had K-Life club (I was a volunteer leader) The K-Life guys wheeled out this huge cardboard cake and this really weird (at the time, I'm sure he's totally normal now) guy busted out and danced on me.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I wish I had gotten a "Get In Shape Girls" set this year! Those were so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any of your "memories" lists!

    ReplyDelete