Tuesday

Why I Love Hwy 65 Between Branson and Conway

1. Breathtaking scenic views
2. Windy, hilly roads that are so fun to drive
3. One stop shop for things like walnut bowls and black apples
4. Sonic drive-ins galore!
5. Memories at every turn: that's the gas station a bird pooped on my head, that's where Katy had to puke out the window, that's where I got a speeding ticket, that's the pay phone where I got dumped by my boyfriend-over the phone...
6. Memories of adventures: that's where we went canoeing, that's the turn off to where I used to go climbing, that's where our favorite swimmin' hole is, that's where my friend's cabin is...
7. Awesome church signs
8. The scan function on my radio only picks up the most awesome of country stations
9. Rocky cliffs cut out alongside the road is beautiful...especially when the water makes little waterfalls
10. Road kill is like a game of Wildlife Guess Who featuring deer, armadillo, possums, coons, dogs, cats, rabbits, squirrels, and coyotes
11. Fun antique stores to stop in at
12. Driving down it means I'm going home
13. Road side stands with items that are marvelous in their strangeness...like today, one featuring a lion blanket, dixie flags, camo coveralls all for sale
14. I like to make a game trying to pass people in the tiny stretches of 2 lane highway
15. When you get behind a big (slow up the hills) truck, it's like a mini little break
16. It reminds me of speeding back to kamp by 6:00 pm when I crammed a trip home during a Kanakuk 2-4

1 comment:

  1. Do you not like stopping at serenity farms bread store and health food store?

    Who dumped u over the payphone?

    ReplyDelete