Friday

Why I Love Saved By The Bell

1. Zack's "asides" moments
2. Admit it, you sing that theme song randomly at least once a month
3. Slater's tank tops and jeans
4. A12...don't we all wish we had one
5. The Snow White and the 7 Dorks episode...."at first I didn't like all this drama, but now I trust you, so kiss me mama!" -Slater
6. Zack and Kelly's Prom
7. I would've hated to be at Bayside and not one of those guys...they ran the school! They were in every club (glee, student council, etc), had a band (Zack Attack), and dominated all the sports teams.
8. I still have my VHS tape of the Saved By The Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas I taped from tv. That video montage at Kelly and Zack's wedding was a tear jerker!
9. What I didn't like: Tori, the motorcyle girl. Ugh, she was randomly in episodes during the last season, and not even at graduation. Good riddance. She was butchy and awkward.
10. Who I did love: Violet Ann Biggerstaff. Or Bickerstaff. I don't know, but I loved her. Tori Spelling at her greatest.
11. Zack's cardboard cutout of Kelly in her volleyball uniform
12. Kelly reminded me of my older sister when she was in high school--pretty, cheerleader, squeaky clean, hotly pursued by the boys
13. The awkward brunette twins that never have any lines
14. "The sauce-a you can have, but the secret, she's-a mine." -Screech
15. I also really liked the Stacy Carosi character. Those Malibu Sands episodes were good.
16. They all got really great offers for college, but Zack (with his 1500s on the SAT), Kelly, Slater (what happened to his Iowa wrestling scholarship?), and Screech (valedictorian who got accepted to so many schools) all ended up at Cal U.
17. The Buddy Bands video
18. SBTB dealt with heavy social issues--remember the caffeine pills (sure you do), the Kapowski family financial struggles, the oil spill on campus, the drunk driving episode with Mrs. Turtle's car, and the homeless man they befriended at the mall during the Christmas holiday?
19. "In one word, would I do dope? Nope." -Zack
20. "Pick you up at 7:00?" -Slater, "No, I'll pick YOU up at 7:00" -Jessie
21. I would have also fallen for the charming Rod Belding. What a disappointment.
22. Loved the songs- Did We Ever Have A Chance, the rewritten School Song, and Friends Forever
23. Although it is always made fun of, the "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so, so scared!" scene still brings chills and tears for me.
24. I read this article about Beverly Cleary's one condition for the new Ramona and Beezus movie...that it be timeless and not include any trendy clothing or current gadgets. I immediately thought of SBTB...think Zack's HUGE cell phone, all the Z Cavarrici jeans, Zack's huge basketball shoes he wore every day, well-all the clothes. Also, tons of references to what we now would consider early 90's pop culture.
25. I also didn't like that manager from the Max, Jeff. What a homewrecker. That Zack and Kelly break-up episode at the costume ball was brutal. Zack Attack singing, "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" (Slater and Jessie duo...they weren't really singing, right?)

7 comments:

  1. I agree with everything on your list. To have a live action teen show on Saturday mornings was amazing to me as a kid. It is like they went in my head and knew what I wanted for my viewing pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥♥♥Zack Morris! I know how you love internet symbols. On another note, those Charlie St. Cloud trailers are driving me nuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the single greatest blog post I have ever read anywhere on the interweb. I just want to add some of my favorites:
    -Lisa doing 'The Sprain' with Casey Kasem in the Max.
    -Jessie's version of a feminist cheerleading uniform.
    -The Attic
    -"T-I-G-E-R-S." Bayside Cheerleader: "T-I-G-E-R-S, T-I-G-E-R-S, T-I-G-E-R-S, T-I-G-E-R-S. We're the Bayside Tigers and we're on the prowl. When we come to your school we will make you howl. Hear the Bayside Tigers Growl. Grrrrrrowl.
    -I also loved the special episode when they went to the Desert Sands Resort for Jessie's Dad's second marriage. That whole episode was deeply satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, what about appearing/disappearing siblings? Jessie's stepbrother Eric from New York? Sort of a sociopath, but he was kinda cute. He should get a mention. And there was Slater's sister who Zack had the hots for, and then Kelly's little sister that was in love with Zack. That was the Teen Line episode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have all of SBTB on DVD. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are getting in to them now. TBS shows them every morning and my 8 year old picks them when it is her turn to pick a show! Cracks me up to see them watch and enjoy a show I once loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Confession time: I still watch this M-F mornings while getting ready for work. I have always loved SBTB and will continue to always love it! We need more wholesome shows like this today for our kids to grown up watching. I know every episode by heart, and can quote almost any line. My husband makes fun of me =), but I could care less! LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete