Tuesday

More Childhood Memories

1. Our Datsun that you could see the road through the worn-out floorboards as my parents drove.
2. My dad ALWAYS being on call and Jenny always being on the phone. He was not happy.
3. Fresh strawberries from the garden.
4. Our neighbors grew fresh lettuce along the side of their house. It was delicious.
5. Being so afraid of wild cat encounters.
6. My two most dreaded childhood chores: picking up rocks from the garden and raking leaves in the yard.
7. Watching through a break in the trees to see my mom's car coming home when it was still way down the road.
8. Tracy's penchant for frying foods at a very young age.
9. My mom made the most delicious casserole from noodles, sauce, peas, and cheese. I can never make it so good.
10. Swimming and picnicking at Table Rock Lake.
11. The wonderful smell of Silver Dollar City.
12. Always trying to catch those blue-tailed lizards, but never being able to.
13. The deliciousness of a Jane and Ed's chocolate milkshake.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish we had a picture of the Datsun floorboard. And that was amazing we could see her coming from so far away. These make me all misty-eyed just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete