Tuesday

My Mom, In Honor Of Her 55th Birthday

1. We are a lot alike
2. She is very sentimental
3. She loves Christmas and loves having her family together for the holidays.
4. My mom is an amazing cook. I love everything that she makes.
5. I feel really lucky now that my parents started their family so early, because now I have really young parents
6. My mom takes care of people really well
7. She is very hospitable
8. She is so accommodating...one vegan daughter, one uber-vegan daughter, vegetarian daughter, meat-eater son, and everyone else with specific tastes...there is always something for everyone
9. I think my mom always looks really nice
10. She loves giving gifts. Even if it's something small, she gets joy from giving people things.
11. Growing up, I remember mom being really fun
12. She used to love (probably still does) to roller skate. I think that says a lot about her.
13. She is so loving towards us. I've NEVER heard her say one complaining/cross/unflattering thing about us kids
14. She's a really good realtor and goes above and beyond with all of her clients
15. My mom knows me well. She can always guess what I would like, how I would respond, what would taste good to me, etc
16. She is very selfless
17. Her and my dad love to travel together and always have a great time on trips
18. She loves my kids really well
19. She is extremely generous (time, money, herself...)
20. Family is always first to her.
21. She is my biggest fan. And she lets me know that all of the time.
22. She never judges me, which is a great thing to say about your mom.
23. She cries at bizarre things. It seems like a funny thing to say, but it is really cute.
24. I have a really good time with my mom and really look forward to our visits.
25. Even though 55 is NOT old, she does not look or act like she's 55.
26. Growing up, I never felt pressure to perform or live up to any high standards she had. She's always loved me for who I am.
27. She is also rough when she needs to be...she's not afraid to drop the s-bomb or tell you that you're being a titty baby.
28. She is a trooper...always up for most things.
29. I think that her and my dad are cute together. They've been together for over 40 years!
30. People who know her love her.
31. She always tells me how proud she is of me.
32. She always tells me that I am a great mother.
33. I am proud of her.
34. She is a great mother.

2 comments: