Monday

My Favorite Pieces At The Nelson-Atkins Museum

click on these links for your daily dose of culture
1. Double Waterfall For a Simple Afternoon- Pat Steir. This photo doesn't do this stunner justice.
2. Memento No. 5- Kerry James Marshall
3. The Chariot- Alberto Giacometti
4. There was a beautiful Impressionist painting of a woman looking out of a window, but I don't recall the artist or the title of the painting! Err...Pissaro? Maybe...I have no idea. Loved it, though.
5. The Roxy Paine exhibit. He has a tree installed in their lawn, but the exhibit included many of his size-reduced models and a production video. Fascinating.
6. Boulevard des Capucines- Claude Monet
7. View of Lake Garda- Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot. I think this was my favorite, but I don't really know why. It stirred something emotional in me, which is a powerful thing about art.
8. Standing Figures (Thirty Figures)- Magdalena Abakanowicz
9. A Pantry Ballet (for Jacques Offenbach)- Joseph Cornell. This was just too cute. W would've loved it and my mind was running away with ideas for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment