Monday

Golden Globe Notes (Mostly Fashion Notes)

1. I thought Angelina Jolie looked beautiful! She usually looks weird on the red carpet, I think. She was one of my favorites last night.
2. Natalie Portman was so cute during her speech. She seems genuinely GIDDY about being engaged and pregnant. I love her for not really fitting in in Hollywood. She seems like a normal person.
3. I thought Ricky Gervais was over the top and rude. Tacky and way too far, in my opinion.
4. However, I did love when he introduced Bruce Willis as "Ashton Kutcher's dad."
5. Tina Fey looked fine, so I hope she doesn't get ripped apart during Fashion Police like last year. Sidenote: it was my favorite dress from last year. I guess Joan Rivers and I don't have the same taste. Thankfully.
6. Green seemed to be the it color this year with Angelina, Catherine Zeta Jones, Mila Kunis, and the girl from Mad Men all wearing it. Loved them all!
7. Most of the other dresses were black or shades of pink (blush, namely).
8. Although I enjoyed Mila Kunis in Black Swan, I never would have guessed she'd be nominated.
9. I felt a little lost during the TV awards because of all the HBO nominations and wins.
10. Lea Michelle seemed so genuinely thrilled for her castmates' wins.
11. Jane Lynch was funny (no suprise) during her acceptance speech. She also looked nice.
12. Did Robert Pattinson have red hair?
13. Did Justin Bieber look weird? Maybe I don't know who he is and have been picturing someone else all this time.
14. My least favorite dresses were Helen Bonham Carter, Heidi Klum (her lipstick wasn't helping any, either), Michelle Williams (love her), Megan Fox (seemed dated), Jennifer Lopez, and I hate to say it- Natalie Portman.
15. I was rooting for Jennifer Lawrence. Winter's Bone was amazing.
16. Tilda Swinton always looks weird in an eccentric way, but something about her is so beautiful.
17. Robert deNiro was hilarious during his acceptance speech. I loved when he said that films are like your children, except that you can't remake your children in 3D to increase the grosses.
18. Olivia Wilde's dress was pretty, but really awkward and huge.
19. Sandra Bullock looked sad.
20. Every time I see Michelle Williams and her pixie cut, I want to cut mine again!
21. Speaking of hair, please, please, Christian Bale....cut it and get handsome again.
22. Of course, I loved that Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester presented together.
23. My favorite dresses of the night: Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway, Lea Michele, Julie Bowen, Mandy Moore, and Mila Kunis.

4 comments:

  1. #3 - I thought he was tacky and rude, too. He had some funny moments, but there was no need to go that far.

    I'm glad to see you finally throwing a little love Brangelina's way.

    The only thing different about Justin Bieber: he seemed to be trying to act very mature and professional. So he wasn't smiling a lot.

    #22 - I "heard" they were inseparable last night.

    I'll get back to you on whose dress was my favorite. I missed part of it. I liked Natalie's dress a little bit. I didn't mind the flower, and I would have liked it more if it flowed out more at the bottom. And I liked Sandra's dress but not her bangs. I liked Leighton's, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do we look alike, but we have very similar taste in Globe fashion and gossip. I agree with most everything you said except I don't have experience with #8 because I haven't been to the movies since the week before Reese was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After watching Fashion Police or whatever, I'm going to say my favorite dresses were Angelina's (even though I could never wear it), Anne Hathaway (again, could never wear it), Sandra Bullock (more my style), Mandy Moore (would love to wear it if I had enough spanx, etc. on) and Natalie's. And I never saw Julie Bowen's on the carpet or the show, but based on your link, I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie Bowen's is more my style. What I might wear.

    ReplyDelete