Friday

Why I Loved This Week's New Girl Episode

1. River is one of my favorite songs, so it was fun to see it featured so prominently in the episode. Joni does reach right into the soul.
2. Jess made a Cylon reference. A Cylon reference! If you are a Battlestar Galactica fan, which I am, you were dying on that one.
3. So hilarious when Schmidt (sweet-wish-I-had-him-bottled-up-Schmidt) "The fact that you were wearing pajamas in the presence of your lover tells me that that relationship was doomed from the start."
4. "I thought at first you were the Asian Jess, but now I realize I am just a Caucasian Jen"
5. A Tom Waits reference! Nick saying the voices in his head have the voice of Tom Waits. I was just waiting for Jess to say her voices are Crystal Gayle's and they would break into a little "One From The Heart."
6. "You've backslid...all the way down the hill into the parking lot, taken your skis off and waiting for your family."
7. When Schmidt asked Cece's grandmother if he deserved a girl as great as Cece, and she responded with, "Not with all those moles on your face." Beautiful.
8. When Schmidt told Jess she wasn't the only one hurting..."the economy stinks, bees are dying, movies are pretty much all sequels now, and I have a broken penis."
9. Schmidt (again, hilarious) when he said to give Winston's earring a break because he'd just gotten back from Carnivale.
10. This Caroline/Nick/please-Jess love triangle is coming to a head and I predict it will be awesome.
11. "I'm sorry I made you feel like Monica Lewinsky." "Stop crying. You are literally the ugliest crier I have ever seen. You cry smile!"
12. Nick's Caroline video was amazing. "Or whatever they call you in your time."

No comments:

Post a Comment